Thursday, June 03, 2004

Green Acres Revisited

I'm convinced that I'm channeling Eva Gabor, even though I know that she is alive and well in some corner of the world. But the fact that I, a suburbanite (not quite urban - I never got that sophisticated) gay man, have purchased a home in the country. VERY country. But you'll learn more about that in future postings.

I decided to create Absolute Tchotchke as a way to diary my experiences in home buying and ownership. After 43 years, I have finally given up my renting ways and purchased a home of my very own. And has it EVER been an awakening. Given how many times I've had friends call me naive, I just had to start journaling my "adventures."

Welcome to that corner of my mind where all the dust collects on trivial and inconsequential tidbits...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At 43, it is about time you bought your house........... Now I hope you also have COMPANY to your house..... :)

Jeff McCartney said...

I will! I will! I'm hoping to have a housewarming mid-July. Putting a stake in the ground and all that. :)